- Wedge body traits: Also known as the inverted triangle, this body shape features a broad chest and wide shoulders with narrow waist and hips.
- Your best asset: Your legs
- Your fashion goals: Accentuate your lower body while softening your shoulders and upper body.
To flatter all body types and especially the distinct wedge shape, Colleen Bayus, personal stylist at StylingbyBayus, advises, "Accentuate and drawn attention to what you like. Do you have great shoulders and arms? Go strapless and wear a statement necklace to draw attention up. Tiny waist? Use a fabulous belt to really show it off. If you've got great legs, opt for something shorter but that has sleeves to give you some balance -- so you're not showing too much at any one time. Also, shapewear is a must regardless of your size. It smooths you out and gives you a great silhouette."
Dos and don'ts
- DO wear bright colors on bottom.
- DO wear wide-leg pants.
- DO wear full skirts.
- DON'T wear spaghetti-strap tops.
- DON'T wear boat neckline tops.
- DO experiment with high-waisted styles.
- DO look for clothes that create the illusion of a waist.